Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Evil of Gambling


My sin has found me out yet again. For some reason, in a fit of arrogance and pride, I made a wager with my wife five years ago over the Alabama/LSU match-up. I, being the Alabama alum, promised that I would wear an LSU tie on Sunday morning following the game if the Tigers overcame us, and for the fifth year running, I have to preach in that gaudy tie. The LSU Tigers pulled it off 41-34. May this never happen again, and may my wife have to wear a Crimson and White dress for the next ten years after this game. Meanwhile, I shall repent in dust and ashes. Amen.

4 comments:

Julie said...

We're so sorry...we watched the end of that game...it was quite a painful one to watch.

Jonathan Moorhead said...

That's just plain sick.

Jordan said...

I was there to witness the demise of saban and the eliphants. It was a sweet victory...

I will admit, however, that LSU could easily be recovering from a four game losing streak right now given how bad we've played in the last four games especially.

JJ said...

In my opinion, Gambling is something that every human being has the right to do, and politicians should keep their noses out of what people do for entertainment or within the comfort of their own homes.