Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Quick Update from India

So far, things are going very well here in India. It has been quite an eye opening experience on many levels. Today I had the privilege of preaching to a group of bible college students in the city I am in. It was a very encouraging and humbling experience.

Tomorrow we will be headed for the city of Kota which is in the state of Rajasthan (A state of 50 million people.) There, we will be attending a pastor's conference. There will be thousands of our brothers and sisters present, please pray for us. Seriously pray for us.

Last time the pastors met in Kota, there was a great deal of persecution. Many of the pastors were beaten by militant Hindus. I am not in as great a danger as the national pastors. Most of the attacks occur on trains and places in which I will not be. Pray for these men of God that they will be safe. The enemy is doing everything that he can to shut this great work down. I have seen and heard it with my own eyes. I hope to write about my experiences in more detail when this is over. Until then, I simply ask you to pray that God will cloak us with humility and fill us with boldness that we may open our mouths to speak the gospel, as we should.

Thank you for continuing to check for updates, and please continue to pray for us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers are sent my friend. Be safe and keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you. Keep your spirits up and be careful.

Daniel said...

Good to hear from you, and have been to the throne today...

Mike Perrigoue said...

Brad,

Just stopping by...nice blog. I will pray for you right now...

Mike

loren said...

God bless you for your care for missions, which I'd seen this entry in time to pray. But I did pray that God would heal you and make you feel better.