I am fairly new to the internet/blogworld. So, I am kind of behind on the learning curve. This explains why my blog is so ugly and plain. I pretend like it is because I am a Puritan at heart, and that I only want people to visit because of the substance of my posts, but I would really like it if I had the graphic genius of the <Pyromaniac.
Because I have been too proud to ask, I have had some difficulty understanding blog jargon. I have no idea what an RSS feed is. I have no idea what a “loop” is, and I am amazed that some people have the ability to put music on their blogs. I don’t even know what html stands for. I can’t even change my blog’s colors or post pictures without help. It amazes me that I have visitors at all considering how ugly this place is. But, I guess some of you actually like the posts! I can’t imagine what would happen if I had programming capability…or whatever it takes to make the place look decent.
The post of this rambling post is that there is some jargon out there that you need to know about. I have had to figure it out on my own, and I may be wrong on some of it, but here goes:
- LOL= Laughing Out Loud (People are LOL-ing all the time on the web. It’s a fun place.)
- ROFL= Rolling On the Floor Laughing (This is when something is really funny. Not just chuckle funny.)
- IMO= In My Opinion (This is used when giving one’s opinion. Go figure.)
- IMHO= In My Humble Opinion (This is used when giving one’s opinion in an arrogant way. Go figure.)
- FWIW= For What It’s Worth (It took me forever to figure this one out, FWIW.)
- FYI= For Your Information (Okay, not net jargon, but somebody may NTK! That’s Need To Know, and I made that up myself.)
There are some others, but I haven’t figured them out yet. Maybe some of my more astute readers can let me in on the jargon.