Monday, April 24, 2006

Off to Louisville!

My wife and I are making last minute arrangements before we leave town tomorrow, headed for the "Together for the Gospel" conference. "Last minute" means that I am basically scrambling to do things that I should have done last week but didn't. Bleh! I did change the oil in the car today. Aren't I manly?

For those who are concerned that Sojourner will be MIA for the next week or so...never fear. I plan on bringing my laptop and blogging about whatever interests me in the conference. Why do this on vacation? For one, I like to write. Secondly, I want to be like Tim Challies. Hopefully, I'll get to meet him while I'm there. If I'm lucky, some blogging genius will rub off on me...and maybe a couple hundred of his readers to boot!

For all you who thought I would certainly solve the law/gospel dilemma before I left...sorry to dissappoint. If I live, maybe I'll solve it when I return. For now, I'm signing off to go get money, mow the yard, pack some clothes, put gas in the car.....

Oh yeah, did I mention that we are driving to Louisville? We're nuts. Pray for us.

2 comments:

Even So... said...

Blessings to you and yours, and perhaps, take good notes and file a "report" when you're back rather than try and keep up with the tempo ala Challies at the Shepherd's Conference. Enjoy and be encouraged.

Even So...

Jeremy Weaver said...

The great Bishop Steve Weaver will be there. Make sure you meet him. he's a genius. Don't tell him I said that though.